Any 35mm in Florida perchance?

Nate Downes

I'm to begin shooting a trailer for this movie that's been dragging out, so I took out my DeVry's only to find only one in shooting condition. I'm never one to risk a production on a single camera, so I have to ask if anyone in florida has or knows of a 35mm camera that could be available for the last weekend of the month. Does not need to be sync or sound, just needs to transport film past a lens.

• Premium Member

Nate,

Check with Panavision. I'm guessing your budget is low, but you may be able to get a decent deal on an Arri 3 or another camera that's just sitting in the shop. There is also Cinetec in Miami, but I'm not that familiar with them. When I was in FL I never knew anyone that owned their own 35mm package, only 16mm.

• Premium Member
There is also Cinetec in Miami, but I'm not that familiar with them.

Had a great 'off' with a maintenance guy there..... refused to accept my registration test showed a fault, wouldn't even view it, as he said he could hear when a camera wasn't right. Then he relented and ran the neg on a Moviola

Twat. :rolleyes:

Hmmm well how much 16mm do you need by what date? and how much of what stock would you trade in 35mm? I only have about 1000' of stock in my fridge just laying around, but if you don't need too much, I can call media distributors and send you down some short ends, but to get it in a week we'd have to set it up before monday. Drop me an email with your requiremnets and we will see if it can be done. mike@randomacronym.com