DVD Labeling

I know this is kind of a simple question, but it needs asking. I am curious as to how most of you go about labeling DVDs for demo reels and the like. I have always used a sharpie, but I have been wondering if that is a very professional way to go about it, especially considering my not-so-perfect handwriting. So, what do you do? Sharpie, printable discs, Lightscribe? And, what is generally expected?

Thanks,

Colton Davie

I know this is kind of a simple question, but it needs asking. I am curious as to how most of you go about labeling DVDs for demo reels and the like. I have always used a sharpie, but I have been wondering if that is a very professional way to go about it, especially considering my not-so-perfect handwriting. So, what do you do? Sharpie, printable discs, Lightscribe? And, what is generally expected?

Thanks,

Colton Davie

I use Ink jet printables, Personaly I would never use a sharpie.

• Premium Member

Thanks,

Colton Davie

Epson makes a printer for under a hundred bucks that lets you print color

artwork onto printable DVDs. I like Verbatims. I believe that with Lightscibe

you have to buy Lightscribe's own DVDs plus you're limited in artwork to their

templates and two colors only, such as gold and black. Another option is to

have somebody desgin a logo to represent you and your company/D.B.A.

and have a company like Diskmakers run off a hundred DVDs or so that you

can burn as necessary. You could also have such a company provide you with

inserts with your name/logo for your DVD cases. You sure don't want to put

labels on your DVDs. Some people notice that and they won't even play the DVD.

I went through this issue and found the Epson printer results smeared rather easily.

I found a full service copy shop that prints on DVD's from a tiff file using a color laser machine and the results are really pro. Came out to about .60 cents per DVD including the cost of the DVD. Saves time and looks great.