Handheld feature film

Fulgencio Martinez

Hi,

I´ll be shooting a feature film on S16. It will be most or maybe completely shoot handheld and probably long takes.

I´ll be shooting with and A camera with an AATON XTR or similar, but would like to go some days with an AATON MINIMA.

The thing is i´ll do light and camera and as it is a low budget feature i know from experience that it´ll be lots of hours (too many in my POV, but that´s another battle) with the camera on my shoulder.

Another thing is the director is a very good scriptwriter, but first time directors.

So.....

Is there anything like a PL-mount director viewfinder with videoassist? so i could do rehersals like this without hurt too much my shoulder.

Any other idea?....

Should i take esteroids? :unsure:

Hi,

I´ll be shooting a feature film on S16. It will be most or maybe completely shoot handheld and probably long takes.

I´ll be shooting with and A camera with an AATON XTR or similar, but would like to go some days with an AATON MINIMA.

The thing is i´ll do light and camera and as it is a low budget feature i know from experience that it´ll be lots of hours (too many in my POV, but that´s another battle) with the camera on my shoulder.

Another thing is the director is a very good scriptwriter, but first time directors.

So.....

Is there anything like a PL-mount director viewfinder with videoassist? so i could do rehersals like this without hurt too much my shoulder.

Any other idea?....

Should i take esteroids? :unsure:

Hi

I worked on a film called "Revolution" starring Al Pacino bummed at the Box office but was a great film to work on, I was Sound FX Recordist. The director Hugh Hudson wanted as it was a war film a doco look, the two camera operators had to handhold Arri 35BL's, even on crane & dolly shots they had camera's on their shoulders

Regards

Don