HVX 24PN night shooting

greg poschman

Hey guys,

I have been using the HVX with great results in 720 24PN in all kinds of exterior daylight. My next shoot will be at night, on the streets of a big city with all the light sources you can imagine, from sodium vapor street lights, to tungsten and neon.

I have been shooting with a consistent 1/2 stop under-exposure to preserve detail in the highlights, but now I am worried about losing detail in the shadows on this night shoot.

Is there a particular gamma curve (cine Like V or D... not sure how they differ...) for 24PN compatible setting that you can advise me to try? Is there a setting for black levels that will allow me to keep my beautiful film like look and recover shadow detail?

Thanks for helping me learn!

Shoot starts Monday night 8 /6 ---I appreciate your prompt response.

Also... I will be using an VidLED kit with 5600 and 8000K colors. Any hinst for working with cool LEDS?

Hey guys,

I have been using the HVX with great results in 720 24PN in all kinds of exterior daylight. My next shoot will be at night, on the streets of a big city with all the light sources you can imagine, from sodium vapor street lights, to tungsten and neon.

I have been shooting with a consistent 1/2 stop under-exposure to preserve detail in the highlights, but now I am worried about losing detail in the shadows on this night shoot.

Is there a particular gamma curve (cine Like V or D... not sure how they differ...) for 24PN compatible setting that you can advise me to try? Is there a setting for black levels that will allow me to keep my beautiful film like look and recover shadow detail?

Thanks for helping me learn!

Shoot starts Monday night 8 /6 ---I appreciate your prompt response.