2k resolution

rob spence

Hi,

I am shhoting a feature on S16...and we are going digital for the edit...scanning at 2K. I need some animation done...which is stand alone at the beginning of the film...can anyone tell me the resolution ( pixel measurements ) for a 1 to 185 frame at 2K. This is for the animator to use .

many thanks

rob spence

How will you be finishing the project? Will it end up on film as 35mm, 16mm or will it be finished to HD? How the project will be finished will be the biggest determinate in what resolution your animator will need to work in.

If you're finishing to HDCam then most likely your animator can work from 1920x1080 since that's the resolution all your footage will be finishing to. If you're going back to 35mm film, then it might be 2048x1556 (35mm Full Aperture). If it's going back to 16mm, then my guess is that it'll either be 2048x1276 or 1920x1080 for Super 16 or 1600x1200 for regular 16mm.

How will you be finishing the project? Will it end up on film as 35mm, 16mm or will it be finished to HD? How the project will be finished will be the biggest determinate in what resolution your animator will need to work in.

If you're finishing to HDCam then most likely your animator can work from 1920x1080 since that's the resolution all your footage will be finishing to. If you're going back to 35mm film, then it might be 2048x1556 (35mm Full Aperture). If it's going back to 16mm, then my guess is that it'll either be 2048x1276 or 1920x1080 for Super 16 or 1600x1200 for regular 16mm.

Hi Eric,

the film is for distibution on 35mm...1 to 185 aspect. And how does this work with the visual sound track

Many thanks

rob spence