Shoulder options for the HVX ?

Matt Mouraud

Hi everyone, great board, very informative. I'm a steadicam op based in Morocco, and we have decided to buy an HVX200 for 2 TV shows that will not involve much steadicam, if at all.

However, I would like to use the 200 very much like a 16mm cam : shoulder pad, handlebars and remote focus (Chrosziel for on-cam, and I already have a BarTech). I remember seeing a Z1 equipped like that.

What are the options available that you know do work, how about framing with an EVF that's not ideally placed for that kind of shooting ? Aren't you too close from the screen in case of he screen becoming the VF ?

I very much appreciate the kind of control given by the shoulder/handlebar, and that will be pretty much a go/no go on the cam depending on what's available. Thanks !

Hi Sasha, I am currently checking Zacuto's website. Looks great, just the whole thing is so frikkin' long... I wonder also about the rigidity when running, like the rods flexing...

But this seems to be the only alternative for shoulder use.

Hi Sasha, I am currently checking Zacuto's website. Looks great, just the whole thing is so frikkin' long... I wonder also about the rigidity when running, like the rods flexing...

But this seems to be the only alternative for shoulder use.

Again I haven't used it but I would imagine that since it is video gear it would have a bit of flex in it yes. And it does look big but only compared to the hvx. I mean how small can a handle bar rig really get? The only reason it really caught my eye was because it looked like a fairly sturdy arm for the lcd which is a big plus.

Sasha

We now sell all of the Zacuto products as ther exclusive agent. We can configure the rig in various ways. It can be quite long, but that depends on how much you wish to pile onto it. You can also choose to have relatively little. Under general use there is no flexing.