Red One Camera

Mark Anthony Cedre

Is anyone familar with the new RED Digital Cinema camera? It's called the RED ONE, apprently it will takes filming to the next level. Just looking for feedback before I fork out the cash.

Mate, you're obviously new here. ;)

There is a whole sub forum dedicated to the discussion of this camera.. and there have been many vigorous debates over its merits. It is under the HD forum.

However, most professionals here are waiting for it to release for testing before committing.

Edited by Daniel Sheehy

Is anyone familar with the new RED Digital Cinema camera? It's called the RED ONE, apprently it will takes filming to the next level. Just looking for feedback before I fork out the cash.

Hi Mark,

we have ordered reds. I have seen the footage in 4k, its excellent.

The people who shoot with it so far are all pretty enthousiastic.

If you are in the EU i would recommend to visit ibc (ibc.org).

Red will present the Peter Jackson shortfilm shot with the camera in 4k at the IBC DCinema, which has an excellent quality, so you can judge for yourself.

Also, you can talk with the folks of red and get a first hand impression of the camera and the lenses.

If you have more, maybe more precise questions, don´t hesitate to ask.

A good starting point for the basics is the FAQ by Brook Willard.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1487

• Premium Member

I'd start by asking your usual rental houses how many they have on order, and when they expect them. At that point, you can get your hands on one and try it yourself before committing to a purchase. They say quite frankly that they'll be doing engineering changes during production, so the later ones may well be better. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. ;-)

-- J.S.

I'd say he's German or Dutch... or he actually works in Orange County, California... if I was just playing around...

And I'm just messing around... but think of the name Jan? They always say people pick names close to their own when picking an alias. ;)

Mr Krogh which country are you in ? and what is the name of your company you own ? work for ?

This question as been asked several times and it always goes unanswered... where does he work? What company? What country does he live in? He?s been asked for links to his company. Unless he's sent private messages he?s never responded to any of these questions.

Edited by Gary McClurg

I'd say he's German or Dutch... or he actually works in Orange County, California... if I was just playing around...

This question as been asked several times and it always goes unanswered... where does he work? What company?

As posted in this forum several time before - Berlin, Germany.

I would recommend you to learn how to use the search function in this forum.

Furtermore, i neither work for Sony (which is the core of our business), discreet (which is a good chunk of our D.I. workflow), Angenieux (which is the preferred lens manufacturer for us) nor Red. I have been working as freelance trainer for Sony in 2002-2005 (for cinealta) and before that for discreet logic 1998-2001, always besides the core business in my company. We will certainly offer training for red, btw.

He?s been asked for links to his company. Unless he's sent private messages he?s never responded to any of these questions.

Correct.

If the mods allow, i will post links to our corresponding websites - if that is not advertisement.

Until then, if you are interested in renting or production you will have to send me an email.

We will be at IBC this year with 4 or 5 people.

As posted in this forum several time before - Berlin, Germany.

I would recommend you to learn how to use the search function in this forum.

Speaking of searching.

I did a search on Kemps looking for camera rental houses in Berlin Germany?

FGV Schmiddle Gmbh

Arri Rental

25p Cine Support GmbH

Berliner Union-Film GmbH & Co Studio KG

Idroscalo Digitale

Fuji Kine Film Vertriebs GmbH

Inflite Dream Catching Productions

Kameraverleih Berlin

Media Total,

I only found one HD camera rental house in Germany? only in Hamburg? but I kinda of find that hard to believe?

Or is it Mental Images... seems more like a software company that makes a program to help with the rendering of CGI...

I'm messing around with you Jan.. or kidding you.. : )

But go ahead and post the link...

Edited by Gary McClurg

Speaking of searching.

I did a search on Kemps looking for camera rental houses in Berlin Germany?

FGV Schmiddle Gmbh

Arri Rental

25p Cine Support GmbH

Berliner Union-Film GmbH & Co Studio KG

Idroscalo Digitale

Fuji Kine Film Vertriebs GmbH

Inflite Dream Catching Productions

Kameraverleih Berlin

Media Total,

I only found one HD camera rental house in Germany? only in Hamburg? but I kinda of find that hard to believe?

Or is it Mental Images... seems more like a software company that makes a program to help with the rendering of CGI...

I'm messing around with you Jan.. or kidding you.. : )

But go ahead and post the link...

not bad, but you have missed some of the most important ones.

cinerent

cineservices

cineplus

ludwig

fxfactory

and us :)

in berlin its easily ~20 hdcam-cameras on a normal days, and countless hdv/p2/xdcams etc.

right now its much more, as babelsberg is running an hdcam production (wachowski bros speedracer)

btw - we are mostly -not- unsing our website for rental.

just google for "hdcam mieten".

erento.com is our e-commerce solution.

as we are pretty overbooked anyhow, we don´t rely on the web to generate new business most of the time.

we rent out in >80% to people we know personally.

• 2 weeks later...