Rough cut of our pitch trailer

Nate Downes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMVOBhXo830

For the movie project I've been sinking now a lot of tears in. We decided after the last investor negotiations fell apart to produce a pitch trailer, similar to how the Cohen bros. did. Originally going to use 35, but my DeVry's jammed up. Then 16 was too expensive per-foot on the short notice, so finallly settled on Super8.

I get a message saying, "video is no longer available."

Are you seriously going to shoot a feature on Super 8? A feature you hope to sell and make money from?

Hmmmmmmm, not so sure about that plan. Even though I'm a film guy, I think I would shoot HDV for a feature, before Super 8. I mean what about audio and load lengths?

I've never seen a blimped synch sound Super 8 film camera that can hold 400ft of film. Maybe they are out there, I dunno?

If the Super 8 is part of the "style" of the movie it might work, but the concept would have to be incredibly good.

R,

It's a shame I wasn't in time to see it. I love watching Super 8, it gives me a warm feeling you just can't get with any other format.

I would recommend you get the camera modified to Super 8-B. The 13% increase in quality will certainly make a difference. You should also use a camera likke an Elmo Super 110R, the tighther shutter and premium quality lens will also help you squeeze every last drop out of that tichy tiny frame.

P.S: How's One Night coming on?