Help! Konvas trouble

Guest Ole Dost

Guest Ole Dost

Dear Konvas users,

I got a great KOnvas 1M that has beeb very good cared for. But probably caused while shipping something went wrong with a camera that has been in perfect working order before...

The motor is the 15EPSS with a controler unit. When i link both of them together and I switch to "on" and press the small sivery trigger an the moror, still nothing happens.

What do you experts think: Is it better to replace the controler unit (the cheaper option!) or to have both motors and control unit checked and repaired?

Best regards,

Ole

• Premium Member
Dear Konvas users,

I got a great KOnvas 1M that has beeb very good cared for. But probably caused while shipping something went wrong with a camera that has been in perfect working order before...

The motor is the 15EPSS with a controler unit. When i link both of them together and I switch to "on" and press the small sivery trigger an the moror, still nothing happens.

What do you experts think: Is it better to replace the controler unit (the cheaper option!) or to have both motors and control unit checked and repaired?

Best regards,

Ole

Probably the best thing to do would be to replace the motor and control box with the later crystal motor. No more control box that way. Olexandr says he can modify the old 15EPSS motors to modern specifications as well. From what I hear those controller boxes were unreliable. Good luck-

Bruce

Guest Frederico Dichiara
Dear Konvas users,

Best regards,

Ole

Hi Ole.

I agree with bruce. Get the 17EP-16APK Crystal motor instead. They're quite common on ebay or maybe RAFCAM has them.

F

• 4 weeks later...

You should try to get a second motor for your camera. If anything breaks down, it's almost certain to be the motor. 15EPSS motors without control units can be used with small changes for studio work. They can be fed by a variable voltage power supply unit, my motor will run 24fps at about 21.6 volts. Nice to have a backup wherever you can find a wall plug...

Motors are the weakest parts of any Konvas setup (excluding unserviced mags, of course...)