S16 Eclair NPR For Sale

Scott Bullock

I?m selling my beloved Super 16 Éclair NPR because I have 2 - Super 16 cameras and only have a need for one.

Here is what?s included:

1 ? NPR Super 16 camera body. It was converted to S16 at Optical Electro House in 2005. The original ?C? mount was replaced with a stainless steel one and has been properly re-centered for the S16 format. The original CA-1 mount, which has also been re-centered, has been replaced with an Arri ?B? mount.

Camera body comes complete with both body caps and a gate cover.

The ground glass has been remarked for proper S16 composition and also has markings for regular 16mm.

1 ? Angenieux 12 ? 120mm zoom lens in Arri ?B? mount. Optics and barrel are in excellent condition with the barrel only showing signs of normal wear. The lens could use a clean, lube and adjustment/collimation, but it works fine as is.

(Note: At buyer?s request I can substitute this lens with a ?C? mount, Angenieux 17 ? 68mm lens. Optics are in great condition but the lens needs to be collimated. It?s been a while since I checked, but if I remember correctly this lens covers S16 at all focal lengths and distance settings.)

2 ? 400? magazines converted to S16 by Optical Electro House. They are complete with throat covers and all core adapters.

2 ? Kinoptic viewfinders. One is in excellent condition. The other is in good condition but the light trap needs to be fixed. Both are bright and clean without any fungus or scratches on the optics.

2 ? Camera motors. 1 - Perfectone Compact. This motor is crystal at 24 FPS and has variable frame rates from 8 ? 40 FPS. 1 - Perfectone motor with cradle. This motor was converted to crystal by Clive Tobin, model TXM-6. It operates at 24 FPS crystal with a 12V source and at 30 FPS with a 15V source.

1 ? 4 pin to 4 pin XLR cable. Works with both motors.

1 ? ?C? mount to Nikon ?F? mount adapter. Use high quality Nikon/Nikkor 35mm format lenses on this camera. I?ve used them and have achieved wonderful results.

1 ? Éclair 3 X 3 matte box, 2 stages, one rotating. Suitable for regular 16mm filming only. The matte box is in good condition but is missing 1 filter holder.

1 ? Original matte box rod with lens support.

(Note: I have an original Éclair case that is designed specifically for the NPR and will contain everything that is listed above, but this will make for an incredibly heavy package for shipping. It?s up to the buyer whether or not they want to pay for the shipping for this. I will include it at the buyer?s request.)

I will ship it anywhere in the world but the buyer has to pay all shipping costs. All funds must be received in US dollars. I can accept Paypal. Foreign buyers must use Paypal and assume responsibility for anything to do with legally importing these items. Buyers within the US can also pay via check or Postal Money Order but all funds must clear my bank before I will ship this package.

Asking price: $6,000 plus shipping, but I will consider all reasonable offers.

I will take pictures of it in the next couple of days so if you are interested please send me your email address and I will send the pictures to you.

If you have any questions or need to contact me, please send me a private message or an email to Phantasm0401@comcast.net.

The camera body, motors, and magazines are all in excellent working condition. The body and magazines have seen minimal use since they were overhauled and converted to Super 16 in 2005. Everything has been professionally maintained since that time.

For those of you who have inquired, I've got all of your email addresses and will be sending pictures within the next 24 hours or so. I screwed up and left my digital camera at my brother's house, so as soon as I retrieve it I will take some pictures and get them to you. Thanks for your patience.

I've sent pictures to everyone who asked for them. Please let me know if you'd like more pictures or pictures of something specific. Also, if for some reason you didn't get any pictures but asked for them, please let me know and I'll send them ASAP.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...