Film and Labs In Asia...

Just wondering about the cost of film in Thailand and the cost of getting lab work done also...

A friend is trying to find out for me... and I've sent an email to the Thai film office as well... but I believe they may not be open now...

I know that on average they say shooting there you save 40%...

Edited by Gary McClurg

Just wondering about the cost of film in Thailand and the cost of getting lab work done also...

A friend is trying to find out for me... and I've sent an email to the Thai film office as well... but I believe they may not be open now...

I know that on average they say shooting there you save 40%...

If you check the Kodak web site http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/support/....4.27&lc=en

they have a directory of film laboratories. It shows three labs in Thailand, only one of them processes 16mm.

Brian

If you check the Kodak web site http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/support/....4.27&lc=en

they have a directory of film laboratories. It shows three labs in Thailand, only one of them processes 16mm.

Brian

Thanks Brian... should have thought about going to the Kodak site... but doing a lot of things... so I think I'll think about something and then... the thought will vanish quickly...

Gary,

I recommend going to Kantana in Bangkok. They process 16mm and 35mm, or at least they did a year ago. Its a big film production studio. They have their own lab on site, and a post house on site too called Oriental Post(Spirit and Da Vinci). I had 16mm processed there, and though I don't remember the exact cost, it was about 60% of what I pay in the US. They do not do 16mm workprints. I'm sure you can get their contact info online.

Jeremy