Zeiss Primes for 35mm

Nathan Milford

• Premium Member

I've got a set of very nicely maintained Zeiss Primes for 35mm. So well maintained that I cannot easily guess the age.

I know the revision of the 16mm primes (mk I, II, III etc..) but what are the distingusing charactaristics of thier 35 mm cousins.

I think they are Mk II's as they have a non rotating front...

Any guidence would be swell.....

The first sign would be whether they are T1.3 or T1.4. The first generation was T1.4. If I recall they always had non-rotating fronts. The first two generations would dramatically lose resolution when stopped down past T8 or T11. The Mk3 lenses were much better on this.

• 4 weeks later...
I've got a set of very nicely maintained Zeiss Primes for 35mm.  So well maintained that I cannot easily guess the age.

I know the revision of the 16mm primes (mk I, II, III etc..) but what are the distingusing charactaristics of thier 35 mm cousins.

Mr Gross is correct the t 1.4 is a mk I the t 1.3 is mk II the difference between II and III is not the glass but the barrel markings and color of same. The III's are a little easier to use for an AC slightly wider markings.

GWPB

I've got a set of very nicely maintained Zeiss Primes for 35mm.  So well maintained that I cannot easily guess the age.

Ask a lens tech there is no discernable diff. between MK II and III except for the barrel design