pleasantville effect

hi. does anyone have any tips on how to light the pleasantville effect? (the black and white image but with one color popping out) i know how to do it in editing but i'd like to do it as clean as possible. i'm thinking it could be the same as how to light green screen footage though i can't be sure.

any help would be appreciated. thanks!

hi. does anyone have any tips on how to light the pleasantville effect? (the black and white image but with one color popping out) i know how to do it in editing but i'd like to do it as clean as possible. i'm thinking it could be the same as how to light green screen footage though i can't be sure.

any help would be appreciated. thanks!

After Effects or another computer mumbo jumbo programs. lighting it is the same as lighting it normally. it is all done with computers.

If you're wanting to do that makeup scene between Tobey Maguire and his mother, then you should use green makeup. In the DVD extras they show you exactly how it was done.

Otherwise, it's something that can be done with secondary color correction. I've never tried it in FCP, but Apple's "new" Color program is able to achieve it.