Aaton 35 3p

Pojoni Liviu jr.

• Premium Member
Hello,

I will shoot next week for the first time with an 35 mm Aaton camera. Any special advice for this camera? Something special?

Some people love em and some hate them. What makes them great and special is also what makes them a bit temperamental. But hey...they're French !

The magazine is a little trickier than most. I've never had many problems myself, but some find that they load the magazine and no matter what, it jams or the camera refuses to accept the load and you'll get a "loop" error message.

It should be straightforward because the mag design actually looks intimidating when you open the lid, but is in fact very clever. It won't actually close unless you've done it properly. Oh. And it makes an awful ratcheting noise when you reset the mag for a new load which sounds like you've broken something but is perfectly normal !

Are you planning to use an eshot or intervalometer ? It really doesn't like having takeup's larger than 200' using one of these. And the glow as to be physically disconnected rather than dimmed otherwise it will appear on your timelapse.

Other than that, I've always found them a joy. Great to handhold. Light and compact. I just wish they made a 1000' mag for them !

jb