DVCPro50 To harddrive

Zamir Merali

Hi

I sent 100 minutes of dvcpro50 footage to get transfered onto a harddrive. After I sent it I realised that maybe I didn't send enough harddrive space. Since it is 50 mbits/second my 100 minutes will be about 300 gigabytes but I only sent a 250 gigabyte harddrive. Will the lab probably convert to a slightly more compressed format before burning to my harddrive? What would normally happen in this situation? Thanks.

Zamir Merali

The post house is the International Media Corporation in Toronto. I can't call them because its too late now and i need this done as soon as it gets there and shipped out before the courier cut off on the same day.

Edited by Zamir Merali

Hi

I sent 100 minutes of dvcpro50 footage to get transfered onto a harddrive. After I sent it I realised that maybe I didn't send enough harddrive space. Since it is 50 mbits/second my 100 minutes will be about 300 gigabytes but I only sent a 250 gigabyte harddrive. Will the lab probably convert to a slightly more compressed format before burning to my harddrive? What would normally happen in this situation?

DVCPro 50 is only about 25 GB per hour. Your 100 minutes will be under 40 GB.