bolex rx 5

Ralph Tabith

quote from that pdf:

To further confuse matters, Bolex (in conjunction with Kern/Switar) has designed a series of lenses which are calibrated to pass 1/2 to 1/3 stop more light that the aperture markings on the barrel indicate, compensating for the light lost to the viewfinding system.

"To further confuse matters" - oh the irony ! :rolleyes:

Once you've read up on loading and wotnot which is all fine and dandy have a read of the following:

http://www.apecity.com/manuals/bolex_lense...6mm_cameras.pdf ;)

quote from that pdf:

"To further confuse matters" - oh the irony ! :rolleyes:

Once you've read up on loading and wotnot which is all fine and dandy have a read of the following:

http://www.apecity.com/manuals/bolex_lense...6mm_cameras.pdf ;)

I am in a too fragile state to read this at the moment! I will have to glean it's facts later, thanks - never straight forward!

R

I am in a too fragile state to read this at the moment! I will have to glean it's facts later, thanks - never straight forward!

R

Ok, so I have a KERN SWITAR H16 RX 10 mm and a KERN YVAR 75mm 1:2,8 lens

Now I think I understand that article talking about the reasons for the RX lenses. I dont think I will have trouble with these two lenses. Is the shutter angle of the rx 5 the same as the EBM ie 180 degrees I think? Thanks

• Premium Member
Ok, so I have a KERN SWITAR H16 RX 10 mm and a KERN YVAR 75mm 1:2,8 lens

Now I think I understand that article talking about the reasons for the RX lenses. I dont think I will have trouble with these two lenses. Is the shutter angle of the rx 5 the same as the EBM ie 180 degrees I think? Thanks

No. The EBM has a 170º shutter. The RX5 has a 130º shutter I believe, which makes the exposure time approximately 1/65 sec. When you factor in the reflex prism, it makes it an approximate, theoretical 1/80 sec. This is all at 24fps. A good table to refer to can be found here.

No. The EBM has a 170º shutter. The RX5 has a 130º shutter I believe, which makes the exposure time approximately 1/65 sec. When you factor in the reflex prism, it makes it an approximate, theoretical 1/80 sec. This is all at 24fps. A good table to refer to can be found here.

Thanks Adam, a valuable site,