Fuji reversal

David Gascon

I'm thinking to use Fuji reversal film stock on a film. I kind of like reversal texture and I think fuji will give me proper blue and flat red. Did any of you shot with this film stock, if yes, where were the isue, what the thing to do and the thing to not do? Thank.

• Premium Member

You can use Kodak 5285, which is very similar to Fuji Velvia. Subtle differences in shades and color reproduction are pretty easy to adjust in the telecine process. I assume you are shooting in 35mm?

The standard DaVinci or Pogle color-correctors in a telecine can shift a blue tone to whatever shade you want without changing the other colors, and it can make reds more or less saturated as well. All well beyond the range possible simply by choosing different film stocks for subtle color effects.

• Premium Member

It is also horrifyingly expensive. The developing is also very much more costly, so it's not a cheap little solution, unfortunately.

Put this way: it is almost as expensive as shooting 65mm per foot when you include developing. And having to choose between those two formats, I know what I'd go with... :D