Music video on mtvu

Albert Smith

Music video I co wrote, shot, and co edited. for the Cool Kids.

http://www.lookatrubbish.com/COOL_KIDS-BLACK_MAGS-med.mov

if you have a slow connection here it is on youtube

Curious what people think about it....shot pretty with pretty much completely natural light outside knowing I wanted alot of contrast and to keep things moving and relied alot on color correction as well.

Music video I co wrote, shot, and co edited. for the Cool Kids.

http://www.lookatrubbish.com/COOL_KIDS-BLACK_MAGS-med.mov

if you have a slow connection here it is on youtube

Curious what people think about it....shot pretty with pretty much completely natural light outside knowing I wanted alot of contrast and to keep things moving and relied alot on color correction as well.

Looks good, Jake, congrats.

Wha did you shoot it on?

As far as the style, it's a bit monotonous for me, maybe try a few more angles with the bikes and add some other locations. Maybe some time-lapses, etc

It looks good though.

Francisco

pretty sure its hvx200, my first thought was with the redrock m2. But the more I look at it, it looks like it could be a brevis35 or something similar as far as build. definitely not B&W 16, the oscilating flare at the end of the music video is the dead give away, some sort of 35 adapter. I dont think that redrock creates that type of movement with the ground glass, and the P+S doesnt either.

hhaa wow quiet the eye...it is hvx with the redrock actually and the pop zoom stuff along with a few other shots are just stock hvx without the adapter....I did originally want to shoot on super 16 but we didn't have the budget for it, but kinda new that was the look I wanted still to some extent so that is what the corrections were based around

and yea...I think music videos have just kinda rediculous latley...especially rap videos...4locations, a performance, lots of weird angles and post camera shakes and poop to the beat...terrible. we knew this was going to be b/w and clean and simple from the beginning.