Building a video tap from a Pulnix TM-540

Justin Lovell

I've got access to this little camera, but I don't know how to modify it for my eclair NPR.

I think I need a beamsplitting prism or some extension tubes. I don't have a lens for the camera either...

Anyone know how to do it, or would be interested in building it for me .. I'll compensate you for your time if you're interested!

I've got access to this little camera, but I don't know how to modify it for my eclair NPR.

I think I need a beamsplitting prism or some extension tubes. I don't have a lens for the camera either...

Anyone know how to do it, or would be interested in building it for me .. I'll compensate you for your time if you're interested!

Hi Justin

The problem with camera's like the NPR is where to put the beam spitter as you can see from this setup from Spectrum

http://members.aol.com/azspectrum/nprvideo.html

Regards

Don

Hi Justin,

Jean-Louis here. Cheapest way to get a video assist to hang it off the eyepiece directly. The downside is that you can't use the viewfinder and the video assist at the same time. Contact me for details.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis