Cheap 35mm shortends

Niki Mundo

Where should I be looking? I know Film Emporium has a web site but it doesn't seem to work well..

I haven't called them yet. What are some good companies that sell 35mm short ends?

Film emporium has a website that is better than most places because they actually post prices so you have an idea before you call where you are starting, and then you can begin haggling them down. They have short ends.

I have been told, and I myself have been able to get very very cheap film time and time again from Media Distributors. The DR Group is another big film seller, although I have never dealt with them. They seem to be very large, and I am sure they have plenty of short ends.

Call all these places and don't be afraid to barter.

Good luck,

Jon

The DR group is bust on short ends now, as of last week. Media distributors is great to deal with, and will generally hook you up with a good price (of course older emulsions tend to be cheaper, as do the shorter of the short ends)... Fuji is also less expensive then kodak. they have an 800 number on their web site.

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal

Call all these places and don't be afraid to barter.

Good luck,

Jon

Barter normally means an exchange of stuff without money, such as I'll give you a basket of fruit for your beautiful lampshade. Do uoi mean don't be afraid to haggle or do you really mean barter, in which case what kind of thing could you swap?

love

Freya

• Premium Member
Barter normally means an exchange of stuff without money, such as I'll give you a basket of fruit for your beautiful lampshade. Do uoi mean don't be afraid to haggle or do you really mean barter, in which case what kind of thing could you swap?

love

Freya

A few months ago I traded a bunch of 100' daylight spools of 16mm for 400' recans of 16mm at Media Distributors.