Yet another New World Question

I was wondering if anybody has any info on what kind of bounce Lubezki used for all those great natural light scenes? Your standard foamcore, ultra bounce, mirrors, etc? I assume he used a lot of bounce because he didn't employ any lights for the majority. I haven’t yet gotten a hold on the ASC article on the film so I thought I'd try here first.

I guess I'm also looking for a little info in general on different kinds of bounce... characteristics, etc. I know there are no concrete formulas for what to use in a given situation but when would you use one as opposed to another and why?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone has to offer.

Edited by Alex Worster

I was wondering if anybody has any info on what kind of bounce Lubezki used for all those great natural light scenes? Your standard foamcore, ultra bounce, mirrors, etc? I assume he used a lot of bounce because he didn't employ any lights for the majority. I haven?t yet gotten a hold on the ASC article on the film so I thought I'd try here first.

Look at the extras on the DVD. Since Malik refuses to be filmed, there's a lot of Lubezki at work.

Thanks for the reply, I watched that and it was great watching him work but I don't remember him talking about what kind of bounces he was using and why. Although I would like to know what he used, if anybody knows, I'd really like to know what you working DPs are using and why? Like a method behind the madness type of deal.