Short Film in Pre-production. Help needed!

Matthew W. Phillips

• Premium Member

Now that the matte box design is done and sells are trickling in, I can shift my focus back to my short script. Everything now is in order for me to get pre-production underway.

The short film is entitled "The Wheat and the Chaff" and is a 7 page script which I plan to shoot in one day. Some may say crazy, but the day shoot is the difference between making the film and not making it. I cannot afford a two day shoot. Anyhow, I will be Directing and DP-ing it, I have a Production Assistant, a Sound/Boom Operator, and a grip as it stands. I would like to have an AC, another grip, and the Cast which is only three characters. Location is already taken care of.

Production date is planned for Saturday, December 8th. Shooting time is from 11:00am to Wrap (hopefully no later than 10:00pm, but who knows). It will be shot in Sacramento, Calfornia. It will be shot on Super 8 film stock and about 90% indoors. Lunch and Dinner will be provided.

In November, I will be doing a test reel on Vision2 500t stock, which will, pending any unforeseen issues, be the stock used for production. It always pays to be safe, anyhow. Different lighting schemes will be researched then.

If you are, or know anyone interested in:

AC (must have knowledge of Super 8 film cameras, not just digital)

Grip (Basic lighting setup, setup and tear down of Photoflood kit)

Actor (Male, between the ages of 17-25)

Actor (Male, between ages of 17-25)

Actor (Male, over 40, or at least looks it)

Please send me a PM on here or email me at: admin@matte-box.com and in the subject line, put "Short film"

Thank you, any comments are welcome.

• Premium Member
Now that the matte box design is done and sells are trickling in, I can shift my focus back to my short script. Everything now is in order for me to get pre-production underway.

The short film is entitled "The Wheat and the Chaff" and is a 7 page script which I plan to shoot in one day. Some may say crazy, but the day shoot is the difference between making the film and not making it. I cannot afford a two day shoot. Anyhow, I will be Directing and DP-ing it, I have a Production Assistant, a Sound/Boom Operator, and a grip as it stands. I would like to have an AC, another grip, and the Cast which is only three characters. Location is already taken care of.

Production date is planned for Saturday, December 8th. Shooting time is from 11:00am to Wrap (hopefully no later than 10:00pm, but who knows). It will be shot in Sacramento, Calfornia. It will be shot on Super 8 film stock and about 90% indoors. Lunch and Dinner will be provided.

In November, I will be doing a test reel on Vision2 500t stock, which will, pending any unforeseen issues, be the stock used for production. It always pays to be safe, anyhow. Different lighting schemes will be researched then.

If you are, or know anyone interested in:

AC (must have knowledge of Super 8 film cameras, not just digital)

Grip (Basic lighting setup, setup and tear down of Photoflood kit)

Actor (Male, between the ages of 17-25)

Actor (Male, between ages of 17-25)

Actor (Male, over 40, or at least looks it)

Please send me a PM on here or email me at: admin@matte-box.com and in the subject line, put "Short film"

Thank you, any comments are welcome.

A lot of people seem to be having success in finding crew and cast for no pay shorts through Craig's List.

That's free to post so that might be get you some help. Good luck.