Cameleon Dolly Reputation

david richards

I'd like to add a dolly to my equipment package. I have seen the Cameleon dolly, but have

never worked with one. The boom feature is attractive because it puts it a step above a regular

doorway dolly, but if it doesn't work well (or reliably) then I am probably better off simplifying

things and going with a regular doorway dolly.

Anyone have experience with the Cameleon? Likes? dislikes?

I know a Cameleon is no Chapman, Fisher, Panther etc., but the market where I work will never

support the investment that one of those dollies would require, so it's mainly a budget choice.

I'd love to here any opinions on the Cameleon.

Thanks,

David Richards

Director of Photography

South Dakota

I'd like to add a dolly to my equipment package. I have seen the Cameleon dolly, but have

never worked with one. The boom feature is attractive because it puts it a step above a regular

doorway dolly, but if it doesn't work well (or reliably) then I am probably better off simplifying

I know a Cameleon is no Chapman, Fisher, Panther etc., but the market where I work will never

support the investment that one of those dollies would require, so it's mainly a budget choice.

Thanks,

David Richards

Director of Photography

South Dakota

The cameleon is no longer manufactured. It is a small step above doorway dollies.

Don't do it david!!! I have used a Chameleon and if you want a nice feathered jib, Don't go anywhere near it, i used to help out at the local film school when i was Trainee Gripping they had a cha' cha'melon, an Elemack and a Fraser Dolly .,

The Elemack first got rented on a Charlie Chaplin film and was in a mess, the Fraser was built like a World War 1 Tank (But worked great once you worked it out, but the Cha' Cha melon was like a Horny Rabbit on Acid.

Stay away from it, buy a Ratchet strap and a Rabbit instead, You will get the same results.

Emster

Thanks,

David Richards

Director of Photography

South Dakota