HVX200 35mm Adapter Help

Matthew Finlin

I have been given access to a small production company's arsenal to complete a film in Kaohsiung Taiwan over the next month. We will be shooting on the Panasonic HVX200.

I really want to get a 35mm adapter for the camera so I can get that cine look and have the depth of field the way I want. We have Nikon lenses and Redrock seems the way to go from what I have read. Any insights on the unit or others, ease of use, how quick they ship would be great. Also looked at the mini35 by teknik but can't find any prices. Any help or points in the right direction would be fantastic for this newbie. Thanks.

is this all I would need to begin shooting on the Panasonic HVX200? Do I really need to get the M3 Complete package for 2400 bucks if I am on a restricted budget? What sort of limitations am I faced with that would be detrimental to achieving a shallow depth of focus and film like look with the M2 Indie Bundle. Thanks.

M2 Indie Bundle - HD Edition for Nikon Lenses

* M2 Cinema Lens Adapter

* Special M2 HD Achromatic lens

* 15mm Rod Support System - 18"

* Nikon SLR lens mount

* M2 Cinematographer's cap

• 4 months later...
is this all I would need to begin shooting on the Panasonic HVX200? Do I really need to get the M3 Complete package for 2400 bucks if I am on a restricted budget? What sort of limitations am I faced with that would be detrimental to achieving a shallow depth of focus and film like look with the M2 Indie Bundle. Thanks.

M2 Indie Bundle - HD Edition for Nikon Lenses

* M2 Cinema Lens Adapter

* Special M2 HD Achromatic lens

* 15mm Rod Support System - 18"

* Nikon SLR lens mount

* M2 Cinematographer's cap

You'll need handgrips for the rods and possibly a shoulder pad. I got mine from Cavision.

As far as the adapter goes, you might want to look at Letus and SG pro also. The M2 hasn't been upgraded in a while and it's generally considered to be softer than the ones I mentioned even though it's built well. The Letus offers less light loss than the M2 and SG pro. Oh also, the price for the SG pro is lower than the M2.