New RED footage

Artur Valentin

thanks

each time i see some red footage i have this feeling that it's not comparable neither to film or video.

here the depth of field looked important and the last wide looked like more video than the other takes.

but also there is this silky touch that remind film.

also you did color corected the saturation so i can't tell to much about it.(colors)

The flag moves nicely on the wind.

again it's different from what i'm used to (it's warmer than the pure sony electronic feeling)

it's verry interesting thanks

I've been telling Jannard for months to grab a top ASC guy and go out and get some great footage under optimal conditions. This piecemeal stuff is not helping.

No offense, but to me this footage is not helpful. Show us what this camera can do, at 1080p.

WOW! Ok, there must be some confusion here... I really don't know what to say.

I'm the guy who shot that footage, and it was shot months ago, using my DVX100 Andromeda. Since were all looking at it, I might as well say a few things about it...

This is beta footage. In other words, its not the best footage I've pulled out of the system. It's actually some of my first footage shot using the system. I now have more than three months of extensive testing under my belt, and the LUT I originally used to shoot that footage is no longer in use. I now use my own custom LUT, which provides, in my opinion, much better performance in terms of noise. I now also use a magenta filtration/white balance trick that further decreases my footage noise floor, and also extends the usable highlight dynamic range. I can capture a full 9.5 stops for those wondering. I also don't recommend using the full range either if you can avoid it, as you'll get better results noise wise. On top of the custom LUT and the magenta filtering, I have also created lateral chromatic aberration correction templates for various focal lengths, which has also helped the footage drastically. As for this footage specifically, its certainly compressed for the web alright, not as nice as the uncompressed version, but again, its beta testing footage I shot when first learning about the camera.

I don't know if this an honest mistake, joke, or someone trying to prove a point, but I had nothing to do with it.

Once again...

This is NOT Red One footage.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion,