Report on AFM

• Premium Member

Richard - been meaning to ask you - does your distribution film affect your interest/ability to send your film to festivals? is that something you pursued prior / after signing with distributor, something you are even interested in?

thanks, ae

At this point I can send it to any festivals I want, it only helps the sales.

When the domestic rights are sold this may come to and end. Yet to be determined.

R,

Hi Richard,

First off congratulations on completing and now selling a feature film! That's an amazing accomplishment!!!

Also, thanks for answering questions on the AFM. It's been a very interesting and educational read.

Obrigado,

Evan W.

Hi Richard,

First off congratulations on completing and now selling a feature film! That's an amazing accomplishment!!!

Also, thanks for answering questions on the AFM. It's been a very interesting and educational read.

Obrigado,

Evan W.

Oh my pleasure, we are all in a learning process, I know I am.

R,

I did get the first part of my AFM sales report for Dark Reprieve and it was very positive. Several territories sold.

The big sale was Japan! I can't wait to see my movie over dubbed in Japanese. Every one chases a Japanese sale and my little movie made it on its first outing. Yes I am pleased with my self for that, thanks :D

In other news...you know you're at the end of a long journey when your movie starts making money internationally, AND your poster goes up in the front lobby of Deluxe Toronto. So many times I've walked past that frame in the last 10 years and wondered if a poster for a movie I made would ever have that spot. And there it was tonight.

Tonight was the first screening on the big screen for my movie in front of a large crowd. The main thing I was watching for in the back was to see if my "jump scares" found their mark. I saw quite a few audience heads jerk suddenly on cue, so the jump scares landed pretty well for the most part.

R,

post-4653-1195290567.jpg

I did get the first part of my AFM sales report for Dark Reprieve and it was very positive. Several territories sold.

The big sale was Japan! I can't wait to see my movie over dubbed in Japanese. Every one chases a Japanese sale and my little movie made it on its first outing. Yes I am pleased with my self for that, thanks :D

In other news...you know you're at the end of a long journey when your movie starts making money internationally, AND your poster goes up in the front lobby of Deluxe Toronto. So many times I've walked past that frame in the last 10 years and wondered if a poster for a movie I made would ever have that spot. And there it was tonight.

Tonight was the first screening on the big screen for my movie in front of a large crowd. The main thing I was watching for in the back was to see if my "jump scares" found their mark. I saw quite a few audience heads jerk suddenly on cue, so the jump scares landed pretty well for the most part.

R,

Way to go, Richie. Good job. B)

• 1 month later...

One of the buyers from AFM has Dark Reprieve up on their site:

http://www.itv-intermedya.com/eng/archive.asp?ID=506

You can read all about this company on their site, no need for me to repeat it. Hopefully a year from now there will be 20 pages like this on the web.

Obviously Intermedya likes genre movies, so DR fit in well for them. Hey I'm with the same company that distributes the Wishmaster series in this territory, and some people told me Dark Reprieve wasn't any good. Bah, what do they know?

Lot's of other developments but sworn to secrecy at the moment.

I'll continue to post on this saga, unless the forum rebels and you don't want to hear about it any more. Of course I can understand that :D

R,

I'll continue to post on this saga, unless the forum rebels and you don't want to hear about it any more. Of course I can understand that :D

No rebellion here! Just read this topic for the first time, and it was great to get some info on the sales side of things. Congratulations on all of the sales... looking forward to seeing it in Australia!