old power unit, made by french, adapted by russians?

Pawel Saladziak

• Premium Member

Hi, I have aquired an old power unit, probably with electronic stabilisation of power, but its empty, wiothout cell. Maker is: SCHLUMBERGER. Anyone has idea what cell should I put insie? 16V? maby 24? Dial for filming speeds reads also 48 frames setting so probably it should be more than 12V and 5 ampers. Maby someone knows theese units and know hwat the sockets are for (there are two) which pins in the power outlet socket gives electricity and what is the polarity... etc... any detail will be helpfull.

regards

pawel

post-12846-1194714209.jpg

• Premium Member
Hi, I have aquired an old power unit, probably with electronic stabilisation of power, but its empty, wiothout cell. Maker is: SCHLUMBERGER. Anyone has idea what cell should I put insie? 16V? maby 24?

SCHLUMBERGER is primarly a copmpany that makes interuments for remote measurements and the Petrolium industry. That said they may have made somthing for Motion pictures. Can you post the EXACT wording of the nameplate? also the call-out of the connectors and the number of pins (really can't see much from your photo)

with that info, someone may recognise it. If it is some sort of Power converteer the input may very well be whatever the folks that designed it found convienient.

Hi, I have aquired an old power unit, probably with electronic stabilisation of power, but its empty, wiothout cell. Maker is: SCHLUMBERGER. Anyone has idea what cell should I put insie? 16V? maby 24? Dial for filming speeds reads also 48 frames setting so probably it should be more than 12V and 5 ampers. Maby someone knows theese units and know hwat the sockets are for (there are two) which pins in the power outlet socket gives electricity and what is the polarity... etc... any detail will be helpfull.

regards

pawel

Hi

I would say its someones attempt to adapt a supply to run a Bolex Uni Motor that needed various voltages to run

Don