Thursday Music Video

Matt Workman

Wow, good looking. Thanks.

JJ - So Excited

http://music.aol.com/video/so-excited-feat...jackson/1718397

Seems like they went for a low contrast look. That video was pretty amazing. Definitely see some cross over between the Ayo Technology video with the see through walls and cars. I'm assuming they did some green screen work with the camera also.

I wonder what filters/etc. they used. I liked the look, didn't really come off HD-like. Really great production design and half naked Janet doesn't hurt. This video could go in my Hollywood Wide Shot lighting thread also.

Man, how did they do that effect?...hot.

Thanks Wendell.

PS: We should have a music video section in the forum :lol:

• 5 months later...
New video shot by Jon Fordham on the F23 in 4:2:2 I believe. Don't know the rest of the details and Jon isn't on this forum I don't think.

I like it *shamelessly* blows out the highlights !! (not a good ad for the F-23's highlight control B) ) Sharper than sharp isn't it.

Random thought: an F-35 shooting @ same aperture (were it available) would not have worked as well for this dof wise, I liked the deep focus......

-Sam

• 4 months later...

A friend of mine recently alerted me to this conversation and I thought I'd take a minute to say hello and offer some more F23 music videos and info...

The Thursday video "Ladies and Gentlemen: My Brother, the Failure" was the first music video ever shot with the F23. Since then the camera has become an almost standard for music videos that can't afford film. And with music video budgets dropping daily, shooting music videos in HD is becoming more and more common place.

Anyone interested in some real world insight to the Sony F23 can check out the Studio Monthly July 2008 Article "Shadows + Light: How the Sony F23 captured the look of old film..." The article discusses my use of the F23 on two other music videos.

You can read the article online at: studiodaily.com.

You can view the music videos being discussed in the article on my website: jonfordham.com

Jigsaw Soul "Cockroach Hotel"

(note: the black & white flashback sequences were shot on 16mm and transferred to HDCAM)

Chrisette Michele "Love Is You"

Tech Specs for both videos:

Sony F23 / SRW-1 1080/23.98P

Zeiss Digi Primes

4:2:2 HDCAM-SR

1080/23.98P DVCPROHD post

In regards to finding information about music video production, I recommend videostatic.com. VS doesn't list cameras and formats used to create the videos, but it does offer who's who behind the videos. Directors, DP's, Editors, Producers, Production Companies, etc. If you want to know what's going on in the music video world and who's making the videos, you gotta suscribe to Video Static!

Jon

A friend of mine recently alerted me to this conversation and I thought I'd take a minute to say hello and offer some more F23 music videos and info...

The Thursday video "Ladies and Gentlemen: My Brother, the Failure" was the first music video ever shot with the F23. Since then the camera has become an almost standard for music videos that can't afford film. And with music video budgets dropping daily, shooting music videos in HD is becoming more and more common place.

Anyone interested in some real world insight to the Sony F23 can check out the Studio Monthly July 2008 Article "Shadows + Light: How the Sony F23 captured the look of old film..." The article discusses my use of the F23 on two other music videos.

You can read the article online at: studiodaily.com.

You can view the music videos being discussed in the article on my website: jonfordham.com

Jigsaw Soul "Cockroach Hotel"

(note: the black & white flashback sequences were shot on 16mm and transferred to HDCAM)

Chrisette Michele "Love Is You"

Tech Specs for both videos:

Sony F23 / SRW-1 1080/23.98P

Zeiss Digi Primes

4:2:2 HDCAM-SR

1080/23.98P DVCPROHD post

In regards to finding information about music video production, I recommend videostatic.com. VS doesn't list cameras and formats used to create the videos, but it does offer who's who behind the videos. Directors, DP's, Editors, Producers, Production Companies, etc. If you want to know what's going on in the music video world and who's making the videos, you gotta suscribe to Video Static!

Jon

Nice stuff Jon. I like the video alot.