Kevlar/Graphite 35mm camera

Henri Titchen

Yes, Roberto Schaeffer has one, he used it on "Stay" was developed for the ballon cam, it's an mos camera, but is really light , in order to fly it.

Has anyone seen the camera first hand? It looks impressive. The weight is incredible.

Henry.

• Premium Member

You know, crash cams usually blow the chassis. Much of the works survive. Seems like someone could CAD up a standard chassis and auto-mill them out of Delrin or billet on a regular basis. When you crack up your crash-cam (eyemo, et al), you just send it back to the chassis shop and get your works put into a new hull.

Couple year?s back, I set eyes on semi ?plastic? IIC. It had composite material custom build door and whole side cover.

Small motor (revolution style) was mounted via inching knob and camera had SLcine mag. Guy was flying that camera on EFP. Only impression that I remember is that camera looked super fragile and loud as hell (that doesn?t matter but?). Whole modification job looked expensive and fancy, and I guess it wasn?t cheap. Seams a lot of money for just couple hundred grams of reducing weight. But what do I know; am not a Steadicam operator; probably when you take 300 grams and multiply that with 10 hovers, on your lower back, every gram matters.