Security control X-ray films

Hi I have a question about security control and x-ray film stock ?

Im flying from UK stansted on monday and I have 4 roll of Fuji 250T eternal stock with me

Does anyone have any experience with traveling with film stock and x-ray the film cans.

The Security control said that it's ok! The ray bean are not so strong that it will x-ray the stock ?

can I trust, that my stock will be ok after the x-ray them???

• Premium Member

This has been discussed many times, if you do a search it should pop up.

IIRC it's safe up to around 800ASA through the carry on baggage check, but, if possible try to get a hand inspection!

the effects will accumulate over time to try to limit it's exposure through.

I have passed 500T '18 through the carry on baggage machine at philadelphia int airport and it came out fine to my eyes, but that's not to say this will always be the case.

Also, check with Kodak or Fuji, they'll have more information and are only a phone call away

• Premium Member

I went through LAX about a year ago with a few empty, Micky 1000 footers. Security there was really good about asking on the contents. They offered to check them in the dark by hand. I told them they were empty and to scan away. I guess being an L.A. airport, they know how to handle film issues.

A major film that is in production now somehow had a few rolls go through the X-Ray machine at the airport, and as a result has very obvious flashing. Granted, it was 500T and might have been pushed a stop, but still. They're going to need to pay for extra VFX work to correct it. You may not notice anything from running your film through the machine, but you never really know. I personally would not risk it, especially not after seeing that footage.