The bravest steadicam operator on Earth!

James Steven Beverly

I was watching a TV the other day ans saw this behind the scenes from the Bourne Ultimatum and was amaze when I saw the stunt guy jump from the roof headed through a closed balcony window a floor below FOLLOWED immediately 2 steps behind by the steadicam operator in full rig who also jumped off the roof through the balcony window catching the stunt guy thought the entire stunt from behind..... :blink: ........ I was impressed!!!!

Watch the clip again (it's on You Tube). It is not a Steadicam, but a handheld camera with the operator on a cable rig so that he could not fall. At the end of the shot he was left dangling in the air. Got hazard pay for the day as well.

Actually I don't think the guy was even a camera operator, either a stunt guy or rigger. The whole shot was dissected a few weekends ago on some sort of BTS TV show.

If you want to see some truly exceptional Steadicam clips go check out Afton Grant's site; steadishots.org - Afton has several hundred of the best ever clips including some where the operators go through windows and in and out of vehicles.

Excellent W.A.B (work avoidance behavior) !

Robert Starling, SOC

Steadicam Owner Operator

Las Vegas

• Premium Member
Actually I don't think the guy was even a camera operator, either a stunt guy or rigger.

Robert Starling, SOC

Steadicam Owner Operator

Las Vegas

I've heard it was an operator and I've heard it was a stunt guy. Either way, the shot works. It's a real "trailer moment" too, which I think is part of the reason they were allowed to do it.

• Premium Member

I happen to be watching the DVD right now, doing some research for a shoot this weekend.

In the bonus section there's a clip called "Rooftop Pursuit".

DIZ SHARPE is the Stuntman/JumpCam operator and he never lost the camera.

As impressive is the 6 foot tall stuntman who goes flying through the 30"x48" window.

I agree, looks like a 235.