Panaflex GII Quickguide?

Hey Everyone,

Was wondering if there's anything on the web like ARRI's downloadable quickguides except for Panavision? I'm working with a Panaflex GII and I just wanted a little extra backup in case I have forgotten something...

Thanks,

John

There is not a downloadable quickguide for the GII online, but there is a manual for the Millennium, which can be downloaded on this site.

While a lot of the bells and whistles on the Millennium are missing on the GII, the basic threading, and mechanical functions are all the same. Shutter angle is controlled by the mechanical dial on the back of the body, as opposed to an electronic style on the newer models. Just remember to unlock the shutter lock inside the body. And FPS is changed via +/- selector switches on the GII, again as opposed to the electronics on the Millennium. One last thing to remember, is to make sure you get the Pola ring made for the GII with the cutout, as with physically small lenses, the ring will hit the viewing system and not be able to get back to the lens.

Hope this helps!