Question about H16-M super 16 mod.

alan smith

post-17713-1199295404.jpg

Last year I emailed Bolex in Switzerland about this conversion and their reply was; ' The Bolex M camera cannot be modified to Super 16.' I then talked to JK camera (in the states) who said they would be happy to give it a shot. I wanted this camera for time lapse photography, but then figured out how to use my already converted EBM for the same purposes, and abandoned the quest. JK camera sounded enthused about the project, call them.

post-17713-1199295404.jpg

Last year I emailed Bolex in Switzerland about this conversion and their reply was; ' The Bolex M camera cannot be modified to Super 16.' I then talked to JK camera (in the states) who said they would be happy to give it a shot. I wanted this camera for time lapse photography, but then figured out how to use my already converted EBM for the same purposes, and abandoned the quest. JK camera sounded enthused about the project, call them.

======================

Thanks for your response.

A little more searching and I found this has been asked since at least 2006 (so long ago). I also found a web site that does the mod. for cr. $800. -- small file anyone?

What I want to do is replace the C mount faceplate (4 screws?) with one that features a Cameflex mount, properly centered and columnated so I can use my prized 12mm Distagon (with its Eclair adapter), along with maybe an Ang. 5.6mm (or other) that pop up in Cameflex or Arri mount (with adapter), in front of a S16 aperature gate -- sure seems simple to me.

I'd prefer to have the 8fps speed of the first H-16 M. Are there any problems assosiciated with the earlier design? parts availability? don't know.

Like we say in (South) Texas: "Nothin' tastes as good as stolen goat."

Cheers, alan :rolleyes: