Red's new Pocket Professional camera.

Stephen Williams

Does that mean Phantom or Dalsa will have to come out with a small camera called the Melanie Wilkes?

How bout Ashley Wilkes?

I really wonder how many people will come up with the idea of what the names mean...

Why ship a new camera or show it when really your new camera is 100%... now in some people's minds yes... but in mind... I still wait on the Red One for another year...

Edited by Gary McClurg

How bout Ashley Wilkes?

I really wonder how many people will come up with the idea of what the names mean...

Why ship a new camera or show it when really your new camera is 100%... now in some people's minds yes... but in mind... I still wait on the Red One for another year...

Frankly, my dear . . .

Does that mean Phantom or Dalsa will have to come out with a small camera called the Melanie Wilkes?

Bad puns aside, Vision Research (makers of the Phantom) already have their small cameras on the market. They're called the Miro line. The Miro-4 has a max res. of 800x600, at which it can record up to 1264fps. It shoots uncompressed RAW just like the Phantoms, and it records to CF cards.

http://www.visionresearch.com/index.cfm?se...&page=miro4

Bad puns aside, Vision Research (makers of the Phantom) already have their small cameras on the market. They're called the Miro line. The Miro-4 has a max res. of 800x600, at which it can record up to 1264fps. It shoots uncompressed RAW just like the Phantoms, and it records to CF cards.

http://www.visionresearch.com/index.cfm?se...&page=miro4

Wow, thats really cool, but, I think thats more of a research camera than a cinema camera. I used to shoot high speed video for an equine research hospital, they really could have used that little bugger.

Thanks for the link.