Schooling recommendations

Hi, I run a HMI Tungsten and Flouroscent repair center. We know most HMI's inside out. Since I've only work in the technician part of Lighting over the last 6 years. I dont know much about the actual application of usage in the field except for a book I read. I wanted to send one of my guys to a school to learn more about applicational use. I'm hoping I can start narrowing the gap between user and manufacture. Since I'm one of few that have direct contact with both end user and equipment engineers. Thanks ahead of time for any info.

You could probably just find some way of getting on a big budget film set for a couple days as a fly on the wall. If you're a light repair shop, you must have a couple connections. Just seeing them in action once on a real film set will probably give you an idea of their use.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to read "The Set Electrician's Handbook" by Harold Box. That's a great reference for basic manipulation/usage of lights. If you're looking for theory and execution, "Reflections", published by the ASC press, is great.