External battery for Bolex EBM (wiring...??)

ericyeong

Hi, hope you guys could help me to solve this... I'm trying to power up my EBM with external 12V battery instead of the hand grip battery, I salvaged the 7-pin plug from my burnt camera charger and tried to connect it to the 12v battery. When I opened the charger, it was marked -ve & +ve on wires and I connect them as per to battery. It ran but at higher frame rate ( was set on 25 fps)... sound like 50 fps?? I unplugged immediately, my camera still working as normal on the hand grip battery...

Question;

-does the wiring on the connector pin different between charger and power up cable?

-if yes, how is it suppose to be?

-the battery that i tried is Lithium-polymer type, 11.1V 2200mAh 20c, does this battery work on this camera?

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by ericyeong

Hi, hope you guys could help me to solve this... I'm trying to power up my EBM with external 12V battery instead of the hand grip battery, I salvaged the 7-pin plug from my burnt camera charger and tried to connect it to the 12v battery. When I opened the charger, it was marked -ve & +ve on wires and I connect them as per to battery. It ran but at higher frame rate ( was set on 25 fps)... sound like 50 fps?? I unplugged immediately, my camera still working as normal on the hand grip battery...

Question;

-does the wiring on the connector pin different between charger and power up cable?

-if yes, how is it suppose to be?

-the battery that i tried is Lithium-polymer type, 11.1V 2200mAh 20c, does this battery work on this camera?

Thanks,

Eric

Measure the voltage on the pins of the handgrip to camera plug.

I think it is pins 3 and 4 but I don't have my documentation in front of me to tell you which is pos and which is neg.

Duplicate the connections on your other 7-pin plug.

11.1V may a bit borderline to run the camera. The minimum voltage required is around 11 volts.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis