HVX200 Stuck at 59.94fps!

Arturo Querzoli

Got a huge problem which I've never heard of: analyzing today's documentary footage I found that suddenly my HVX200 NTSC is recording everything at 59.94 fps, despite of being set up at 720/24p and having the frame rate at 24. The camera was set up by myself and I've been shooting at 24 for 2 months without problem. The only unusual thing I did lately was to hack one of the user files to shoot at 2 fps using this hack:

http://panasonic.sixbullets.net/hvx200-framerate-hack.htm

I've used the hack before and did not have problems, and I already reset the user files to standard settings, but the problem remains. The viewfinder shows I'm shooting at 24p. I'm getting crazy!

Any suggestions?? Thanks a lot,

Arturo Querzoli

Director/ DoP

Sao Paulo/ Barcelona/ London

• Premium Member

Do you mean it's recording 60fps in the 24P "N" mode, or that it's recording 24p in the 60i mode with a pulldown added?

Sounds like you've inadvertently re-written some data in during the hack, and it didn't get reset properly for some reason.

Do you mean it's recording 60fps in the 24P "N" mode, or that it's recording 24p in the 60i mode with a pulldown added?

Sounds like you've inadvertently re-written some data in during the hack, and it didn't get reset properly for some reason.

It's recording 60 fps in the 24P mode (not "N"). It's not very difficult that I've rewritten data in the camera functions, since the hack is only done on an SD card under the user files, which not only I've done before without problems but also can be reset to factory settings on the camera menu. I tried all the options but nothing works. Maybe I should reset the whole system.... but thanks for your input!

Arturo