what fisheye to buy???

Stewart Munro

You're going to need both since the Peleng can distort and is slow and the Zenitar isn't wide enough. But if money is an issue, go for the Zenitar if you can't come across a 17mm takumar. (And bear in mind the issues with dealing with these lenses i.e. flaring and you'll need to rig up some kind of filter threading system since they're shaped oddly.)

• Premium Member

K-3 are rarely (if ever) actually converted to S16 properly by recentering the lens mount, so your distortions are going to be slightly unevenly distributed. Especially on the Peleng 8mm, you'll see more distortion in the Super 16 expanded right side than the left side. I only notice it on that lens, not really on the Mir 16mm lens I have.

K-3 are rarely (if ever) actually converted to S16 properly by recentering the lens mount, so your distortions are going to be slightly unevenly distributed. Especially on the Peleng 8mm, you'll see more distortion in the Super 16 expanded right side than the left side. I only notice it on that lens, not really on the Mir 16mm lens I have.

Hi!

Just wanted to point out that Les Bosher did a very good job at an s16 conversion with a recentered Nikon mount on my K-3. I guess the gate only conversion is simple enough to do on your kitchen table, so tempting to many. But the cost was not too bad for having it done properly.

Kristian

• Premium Member
Just wanted to point out that Les Bosher did a very good job at an s16 conversion with a recentered Nikon mount on my K-3. I guess the gate only conversion is simple enough to do on your kitchen table, so tempting to many. But the cost was not too bad for having it done properly.

Good to hear someone can do it right. I've found a major difference in shooting Super 16 vs. Regular 16 when my lighting conditions are less than they should be. I do get tired of winding that camera though... looking forward to a motor solution if it ever is released. I missed out on Clive's motors.

• 4 months later...

I wouldn't bother with the zenitar 16mm fisheye f2.8 for your krasnogorsk, a 28mm prime seems to look just as wide and 28mm macros are also availiable so you can have subjects very close.

trust me, i paid £115 for my fish-eye and i only use it on my 35mm slr

• Premium Member
I wouldn't bother with the zenitar 16mm fisheye f2.8 for your krasnogorsk, a 28mm prime seems to look just as wide and 28mm macros are also availiable so you can have subjects very close.

trust me, i paid £115 for my fish-eye and i only use it on my 35mm slr

Ummmm, there would be a major difference between a 16mm and a 28mm prime on a K3. If you don't believe it just take the stock zoom lens and look at the difference between 17 and 28mm.

The 16mm actually works well on the K3 if you have the cheap Super 16 mod (just a wider gate) as it is slightly wider than the stock lens but covers the entire Super 16 area.

Ummmm, there would be a major difference between a 16mm and a 28mm prime on a K3. If you don't believe it just take the stock zoom lens and look at the difference between 17 and 28mm.

The 16mm actually works well on the K3 if you have the cheap Super 16 mod (just a wider gate) as it is slightly wider than the stock lens but covers the entire Super 16 area.

yeah, there is obviously a difference because there not the same focal length. The would probably be nice results with a s-16 gate, but the 17-69 that come with your kraz is wide and fast. just something to consider i suppose. Not much i can say though i suppose because i only have a standard 16 gate.

if your buying it from e-bay, dont go off the pictures featured to judge what you will be getting because is litterally a tiny portion out of the middle of the picture that u'd be getting. they tend to put full frame digi slr snaps up to reel you in.