Tech Specs for Aaton Penelope 2?

Tebbe Schoeningh

• Premium Member
Does anybody know where to find technical specifications such as fps, shutter, weight etc for the Aaton Penelope 2?

Email Mitch Gross at Abel Cine, New York. He'll be able to help you.

MitchGross@aol.com

• Premium Member
Hi!

Does anybody know where to find technical specifications such as fps, shutter, weight etc for the Aaton Penelope 2?

Tebbe

It's been discussed several times here already. Aaton normally keep moving the goal posts on their specs and delivery, so it's always half speculation till they actually start shipping...

Have a look here for a recent discussion

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...amp;hl=penelope

jb

Officially, the specs are that there are no specs! It will do 2-perf & 3-perf. It will have the same progressive scan videotap as the Xtera (terrific). It will have an entirely new mag threading design (fabulous). I was recently told that it was "even quieter than expected" but no official db rating yet. I'm sure we'll see a more refined and evolved prototype at this year's NAB compared to last year's. Abel's booth is right next to Aaton's so I know I'll get a very good look. They're expecting to ship product by the end of the summer.

I can't really say more. Not that I don't want to share, just that they're still working on it so what is true today may not be tomorrow when JP gets his next 3am brainstorm. The one thing I can say is that she'll be elegant--JP wouldn't have it any other way.

• 4 weeks later...