pro35 adapter on 1/3"?

Timo Klages

hey there,

i was wondering if it is possible to use the P+S Pro35 adapter on cameras as teh HVX200 as well (instead of the Mini35).

this may sound a little bit of an weird question but since we have some "big" camcorders (all 2/3") and some hdv/dvcproHD camcorders (1/3") it would be nice to only buy the Pro35 and be able to use it with all the camcorders.

thanks for any hints on this!

timo

• Premium Member

You'd be missing out on so much more if you didn't look into the optical pl mount adapter for this camera. The optics far exceed any spinning screen adapter as it is a simple pass through, true optical adapter. You also get a nice shallow DoF, and the results are simply fantastic. Plus you don't have to have a clunky piece of apparatus on your camera. You can read a review of it here. I just shot some dramatic pieces for a major pharmaceutical company and everyone thinks I shot on film:

http://www.bluesky-web.com/HZ-CA13U.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

you can buy for the 1/3 cameras the letus35 extreme with pl mount at the cost of 1500$

i have the old version the letus35 Fe let me tell you i shoot with it over 50 music videos it great toll

and the extreme is even better less light loss you can work with higher shutter speed

i read a dvxuser compression between the mini pro and the letus35 Fe and letus is as good as the mini pro

with the extreme and the pl mount you can use the same lenses you can have another mount and use with still lenses which are great