Danny Cohen (aka Roger Pratt?)

Marc Levy

I have become a big fan of Shane Meadows' films (Dean Man's Shoes, This Is England), and I love the the look of two of them, Dean Man's Shoes and This Is England. They both are naturalistic, with very few camera and lighting conventions that characterize many larger-budget films. Instead, it's lots of hand-held, and source-motivated lighting that feels real.

IMDB says the cinematographer is Danny Cohen, but also says his "AKA" (also known as) is Roger Pratt and Gonzalo Fernández Berridi. Is this some sort of error on IMDB's part, or is Danny Cohen, in fact, the Roger Pratt who shot Troy?

Either way, any articles or info about the cinematography in these films would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

If you like Danny Cohen's work (whatever his real name is), you might want to watch the John Adams series on HBO. Tak Fujimoto and Danny Cohen are both listed as DPs. Fujimoto did the majority of the series, but I believe Cohen was responsible for the scenes shot in Hungary (substituting for Amsterdam). Tom Shales of Washington Post referred to those scenes as "lit like classical Dutch paintings."