Senior film production

Hey all. I'm going to post this here because I am a student and this is the first film I have DPed. Anyway.

I'm shooting my senior film here at Montana State.

I'm shooting on an Arri SR2. Using 50D 7201 for outside and using 100D 7285 reversal for inside things. I chose those to help bring out the colors of the film. We are really going for rich, deep colors.

It is a ten minute film about gender issues in society. It stars a high school aged girl who meets a drifter and teachers her about what she is really looking for. It is a musical, Bollywood inspired. The story has a very Bollywood feel to it.

As of right now it has a working title of DOS BOLLYWOOD... yes all caps... well at least thats how the director likes to write it.

I will try to post stills from set as soon as I have them, we start production tomorrow and go through next Thursday.

-Steve Goodloe

I'll have 3 HMI's two 1200w open face lights and 1 575w Fresnel. I did some tests and everything looked really good. The whites can sometimes get blown out, and I'll be looking more closely at that now, but otherwise everything looked really nice. I have a bunch of other littler tungsten lights but for the most part I am trying to use those.

Edited by Steve Goodloe

Well we are though two days, made both days about on time. Today it snowed about four inches and we had to improvise and re-block as scene. That is always fun. We have shot five scenes of the 20 in the film. I will try to find some stills and post them tomorrow. We should have a set photographer starting tomorrow. Student film sets are always a mess trying to get a consistent crew. However I am really tired and going to get some sleep.

-Steve Goodloe

• Premium Member

Best of luck!

I shot 3 Sr project films here in Philadelphia this year, so i feel your pain. But, on the plus side, there's nothing more interesting than a student wrap party!

I'm kinda jealous of your snow though. We got all of 3 inches of slush this year in Philly, give or take, and I was rather looking forward to an excuses for hot-coco and a certain woman's company (or captivity in the case of a snowfall )