ELMO or EUMIG ?

Phillip Wood

Hi :)

I recently signed up to this forum and have been searching for information on Super 8 Projectors...this seems to be the best site i have found in regards to projectors so i hope you can help me out.

I am currently searching for a S8 Projector to screen my future personal S8 footage.

The cameras in use (if it makes any difference) are; Canon 1014XL-S and AGFA FAMILY C-100.

So there will generally be 50ft Films. Although i would like to have the choice of screening much larger films ie. 600ft.

OK so which do you think is better?

Elmo ST 180E

or

EUMIG S 912 GL

Hi-

I'd have to say Elmo beats Eumig. They are both good machines, but the Elmo's film path is more accessible, therefore easier to clean and save your film if it jams. I have a Elmo 1200 that I love, however my favorite super-8 projector is the Bolex 18-5 "toaster" model with an adapter to use a halogen bulb.

Gordon

I think you mean a Eumig 610D- That's a nice machine. The variable speed functions are great, standard & super switching & a bright halogen lamp. I wish I had one & I'd snap up one of those if it's in good shape & a fair price. They command high prices on ebay.

You can see one here along with an Elmo K-110SM:

http://www.blackandwhitefilmfactory.com/pr...rs_for_rent.htm

It's easy to confuse it with the Elmo K-110SM (top of the page). It has similar features. I have one that I found in a thrift store and I don't like it too much. It has really poor registration in Super-8 mode. Maybe it's just mine, but it seems to be something to do with the design compromise made in allowing dual formats.