stock test for a cooler rendition!

hi all

i have attached two images from the recently done test shoot for my forthcoming

feature film. super 35 format, arri 435, ultra prime lens, DI. the first image is without 85 correction and second image

is with 85 correction.

one of the test shoot objective was to decide on a look for a portion

of the film. i want a cool look for a certain section...for which i have used 5217 200 T stock

for out door...with and without 85 correction.

there is a nice cooler rendition for the shot without 85 correction...I loved it

when i tried the image with 85 correction for a cooler look on the post...the effect was messing

up the image and not very good as done on the stock itself.

so I had decided to use the tundsten stock even for the day exterior...without 85 correction.

this test was done two months back....during the winter...rainy cloudy day. The ideal condition.

----------now the qn is......principal photography is gonna happen during the hot sunny summer days becos of the

unavoidable delay of the project.....now

if i still want to maintain the cool look for the image.......what do i do.....can i go ahead with the same

tungsten stock without 85 correcn........HOW will the direct sunlight ......affect the cooler look if i follow the

same....or is this a risk am taking. should i shoot with 85 correction and later handle the look on DI.

-----------can u give some movie examples of an interesting bluish cooler rendition film done without a DI.

-------------can i shoot day interiors with tungsten stock without correction for the cooler look

--------------how do i bring a cooler look for a night interior with tungsten lighting (referrence willl be great)

thanks. regards.

rajavel

Edited by Rajavel Mohan