Bartech power cord help...

Hey everyone,

I'm on a job where we're using a Bartech remote focus on an F900R with an extension power box from Sim Video. We want to use the camera's battery/power supply to power the Bartech's receiver, but we just simply don't have the right cord.

Our options coming from the power box are 12v 4 pin female port, 3 pin male port, and a 4 pin XLR male port.

The Bartech's power port is a 2 pin female.

What's we're doing right now is we have an XLR male to Fischer 11 pin connected to an 11 pin to 2 pin and we're running off a block. But we REALLY want to lighten our load.

We would prefer a 4 pin XLR female to 2 pin male, but I don't even know if they exist. We may have to have one specially built for us by one of the tech houses up here.

Any solutions anyone could give me would be great. I really need it before Thursday :/

I seem to recall that the little 12VDC power out on the camera doesn't provide the adequate amperage for the Bartech receiver and motor. I don't know how Sim Video has set your F900R up with this 'extension power box'; everyone seems to customize cameras differently.

One possibility is using the 2-pin port on the Anton Bauer Gold Mount, if that's what the camera is configured with, which provides 12VDC and up to 10A, which is about double what the Bartech will draw. There are cables that go from the 2-pin 'PowerTap' to 4-pin XLR.

Another possibility is just wearing a battery belt, though less elegant of a solution.

One possibility is using the 2-pin port on the Anton Bauer Gold Mount, if that's what the camera is configured with, which provides 12VDC and up to 10A, which is about double what the Bartech will draw.

I saw that at the top of the battery mount and thought the same thing, thanks! I'll look into it. I'm going around to a few places tomorrow just to see if I can find anything on such short notice.

• Premium Member

The Anton power tap to 2 pin lemo will work fine. You could also use those 3 pin or 4 pin ports to power it I believe. Send me a PM Jonathan and if you need it I'll give you the # of a guy who makes cables for a lot of steadicam operators here in LA. But I'm sure a rental house will be able to make you a cable if they have the connectors on hand. The lead time on Lemos is long, so having the connectors in stock is the key.

The Anton power tap to 2 pin lemo will work fine. You could also use those 3 pin or 4 pin ports to power it I believe. Send me a PM Jonathan and if you need it I'll give you the # of a guy who makes cables for a lot of steadicam operators here in LA. But I'm sure a rental house will be able to make you a cable if they have the connectors on hand. The lead time on Lemos is long, so having the connectors in stock is the key.

just a note....the 2 pin Anton on the camera is actually 11.7 volts, and the bartech does not like it.....at all. Better to use an ANTON plate between battery and camera.

O yeah.....also just ask and you shall receive....lol

Cheers

John DeBoer

Director of HD Sales

SIM VIDEO

• Premium Member
just a note....the 2 pin Anton on the camera is actually 11.7 volts, and the bartech does not like it.....at all. Better to use an ANTON plate between battery and camera.

Cheers

John DeBoer

Director of HD Sales

SIM VIDEO

Hmm, I didn't realize there was an Anton tap on the camera....I was referring to the Anton port on the plate. Good to know though.

Hmm, I didn't realize there was an Anton tap on the camera....I was referring to the Anton port on the plate. Good to know though.

Yeah, there is one on the front of the handle for Sun Gun usage.......

Cheers

John DeBoer