Libec Tripods

Eric Shepherd

Hi, just looking to get a few unbiased thoughts on tripods.. Specifically the Libec TH950.. Being one of those people on limited funds I have to go within my price range and this is about it.. Of course every thing you read from the dealers say that it's fantastic but then generally they're not the ones using them..

I'm using an XL2 so the counterbalance head looks like a good feature as the camera is fairly front heavy but is it actually something that works well in practice..

I see they list it as fixed drag, what is the drag like?

Just any thoughts you have would be really helpful..

Hi, just looking to get a few unbiased thoughts on tripods.. Specifically the Libec TH950.. Being one of those people on limited funds I have to go within my price range and this is about it.. Of course every thing you read from the dealers say that it's fantastic but then generally they're not the ones using them..

I'm using an XL2 so the counterbalance head looks like a good feature as the camera is fairly front heavy but is it actually something that works well in practice..

I see they list it as fixed drag, what is the drag like?

Just any thoughts you have would be really helpful..

The higher end ones are OK, I am not familiar with the one you mention, but I have used a 60 model and it was OK, nothing to go crazy about, but solid and reliable.