Using wide angle converters with 16mm

Kristian Schumacher

Hi everyone!

I just got my new lens off ebay, the Schneider 10/1.8 Paid a bit too much, but the lens is absolutely mint and beautiful. I tried it on a 16mm cam with widened gate but centered for standard16, and it still seems to cover just fine. I was thinking about getting something a bit wider too, between 5 and 7mm. Has anyone tried using the 10mm schneider or similar with an adapter: 0,45x - 0,7x ?? There are quite a few on ebay, and very reasonably priced.

Any input greatly appreciated,

Kristian

Has anyone tried using the 10mm schneider or similar with an adapter: 0,45x - 0,7x ?? There are quite a few on ebay, and very reasonably priced.

Kristian

I guess it is case to case scenario. I have used some really kick ass Zeiss wide angle adapters for Super Speeds that are superb and sharp as knives.

I have a T1.8 Century/ Schneider 6mm wide angle retrofocus lens that is good for what I paid for, $350. I would expect to pay top dollar for better glass.

The thing with eBay is you never know what you really are getting until you receive it, but I have gotten some cool lenses that way, so it may be well worth the risk if they are reasonably priced. Very few current professional video or film (other than surveillance and technical-use) cameras these days use c-mount so it is probably why good lenses on that mount are affordable for the relatively few of us who own and still use Eclair, Bolex et al.