Various c-mount Switars

ryan liverman

Okay, I thought I had a grasp on this but apparently I am missing something when it comes to the various Switar c-mount lenses. To be specific this is concerning c-mount switar lenses that will work with an Eclair ACL.

As I understood it lenses labeled "H16 RX" will only work with a Bolex RX cameras, and any other switar c-mount lens is fair game. I have recently come across lenses labeled "AR" which I though were safe. However some of them that have a deeper c-mount that will not work with an ACL.

So, quick and dirty like from all those possessing Bolex and Eclair knowledge I could only dream of attaining, what are the switar c-mount lenses that will work on an ACL?

Thanks, and to be clear I looked in the archives and elsewhere to no avail.

-ryan

P.S. I understand that there are better and newer lenses, however I am primarily interested in filling in this c-mount knowledge gap. Thanks again.

The Kern (Switar) lenses marked with RX can be used on both reflex and non-reflex Bolex cameras; and, with focal lengths of 50mm or less, Bolex reflex cameras should use lenses marked with either RX or DV. The AR marking on Kern lenses indicates an "Anti-Reflection" coating on the lens. As for the Eclair ACL, I don't have that information.

• Site Sponsor

Ryan;

Eclair originally sold primes for their cameras made by Angenieux and Kinoptik.

These range down to 10mm (Ang.) and 9mm (Kinoptik), there are even C-mount versions of the 5.9mm angenieux and 5.7mm Kinoptik (which covers S16).

-Charles www.seriousgear.com

Okay, I thought I had a grasp on this but apparently I am missing something when it comes to the various Switar c-mount lenses.  To be specific this is concerning c-mount switar lenses that will work with an Eclair ACL.

As I understood it lenses labeled "H16 RX" will only work with a Bolex RX cameras, and any other switar c-mount lens is fair game.  I have recently come across lenses labeled "AR" which I though were safe.  However some of them that have a deeper c-mount that will not work with an ACL.     

So, quick and dirty like from all those possessing Bolex and Eclair knowledge I could only dream of attaining, what are the switar c-mount lenses that will work on an ACL?

Thanks, and to be clear I looked in the archives and elsewhere to no avail. 

-ryan

P.S. I understand that there are better and newer lenses, however I am primarily interested in filling in this c-mount knowledge gap.  Thanks again.