Super 16 DOF tables, Please!!

Jon  Rat

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can access DOF tables for Super 16, we will be using Zeiss Distagon primes 9.5, 12, 16, 25 and a Zeiss zoom (on 1/1000 c.o.c.), I need them for tomorrow!

Most gratful,

Jon

Dangit! I downloaded that app and it isn't working properly. For example, when I put in 10 feet as a focus distance, it puts the 10 by the FF mark instead of the middle. In this pic from the download page, that's not the case...

dofcdepthoffieldcalculator_20070608173216.jpg

You'll see that the numeral entered in the Focus window is 1.1, and the NF and FF distances are shown. When I enter 10 feet in the focus window, the FF is labeled 10! Very annoying. Plus, in order to update the focus distance, you have to click on the f-stop. Unhandy!

• Premium Member

It works fine for me; I don't get either of the problems you mentioned. Have you clicked the little "i" button at the lower right to select your format (not that that would explain your results)?

• Premium Member

The Panavision NZ calculator works just fine on my Motorola Razr2 V9 cellphone's Internet access. I had to drill down the first time from www.panavision.co.nz, the phone wouldn't go direct to the above URL. Once I drilled down to the calculator, I was able to set a bookmark that works every time.

On AT&T 3G service it takes the phone about 2 seconds to load the calculator and the answer comes back in about the same amount of time.

It works fine for me; I don't get either of the problems you mentioned. Have you clicked the little "i" button at the lower right to select your format (not that that would explain your results)?

Yes, I set it for 16mm (which gives the same results as Super16 on the DOFMaster application I've been using on my phone).

Here's the problem, which I figured out is that the upper "FF" (Far Focus?) number is being truncated. On some settings it only truncates the last two digits, while on this setting it truncates all 3. FF should read 10.062, of course,

screen.jpg

Edited by Zachary Vex