KEM 16mm editing table manual wanted

Richardson Leao

Hi All,

I think it will be hard to get any replies on this but... If someone has a manual or schematics of a kem 16mm editing table (flatbed) i'd like to find out the terminal that sends the frame pulses to the frame counter. I want to connect the table to a computer to sync the pic to digital sound. Gracias

The person is ask is Sam Longoria, he sells reprints of service manuals for a lot of machines. I bought my Mitchell and Moviola manuals from him. He runs IndyCine.comso you can get ahold of him there. Let him know I sent you, and that I am still trying to find that Mitchell BNC rackmount, he'll understand.

Edited by Nate Downes

• Premium Member

Great information gentleman.

I've got a 35mm KEM Junior telecine and didn't know KEM was still in business.

My KEM has a Denecke film footage/frame#/elapsed time counter on it that counts frame pulses. If no-one can supply hard information, I can probably reverse engineer the connection the Denecke uses. It doesn't use the Cinch plug terminals, there's an internal modification somewhere inside.

Great information gentleman.

I've got a 35mm KEM Junior telecine and didn't know KEM was still in business.

My KEM has a Denecke film footage/frame#/elapsed time counter on it that counts frame pulses. If no-one can supply hard information, I can probably reverse engineer the connection the Denecke uses. It doesn't use the Cinch plug terminals, there's an internal modification somewhere inside.

Thanks Heaps guys!

• 6 years later...

I serviced all the KEM tables in this area in the 70's, and have manuals and some spare parts as well as my experience. I designed and sold a replacement audio module that would allow limited mixing of three audio reels.

Are you still in need of a manual?

• 2 years later...
  • Premium Member

For David Wirt, #6 reply. I have a KEM jr. and need to replace the belts. Do you have a manual and or parts?

FYI: according to his profile, David Wirt has not logged on to this site since he posted that one and only post (18 August, 2014.) So I doubt you'll receive a response from him.

You might want to start a new thread.